Waste and Recycling
Published: 15 April 2020
Community recycling centres are closed
- The community recycling centres in Caterham on the Hill, Warlingham and the Earlswood depot are currently closed.
- Please store any items you would normally take to a centre at home until they re-open, please don’t put them in your bins.
Please store extra waste
- If you decide to have a spring clean while you’re at home, don’t put everything in the bin straight away, please wait until normal service resumes.
- To ensure your rubbish and recycling is collected, please don’t put items in your bins, which should be taken to a community recycling centre.
- Consider giving unwanted clothes, shoes and household goods to charity shops when they re-open.
- Do not leave anything outside closed charity shops as this is fly tipping, which is illegal dumping and a crime.
Don’t flytip waste
- Options for disposing of your waste are reduced now, but don’t be tempted to dispose of your waste elsewhere, this is flytipping.
- Flytipping is against the law and those convicted face fines of up to £50,000 or up to five years’ imprisonment, as well as other potential penalties.
Rubbish and recycling
Unlike many other councils, which have suspended some services, we have managed to maintain our rubbish and recycling service. There will be more waste generated after Easter, so collections may take longer. All collections will return to their usual days from Tuesday 21 April. More details.
Please keep encouraging residents to visit www.tandridge.gov.uk/coronavirus and sign up for our newsletters at www.tandridge.gov.uk/signup.