Financial Help

Published: 20 May 2020

·                           Universal Credit should call the Universal Credit Help to Claim line on 0800 1448444. Citizens Advice have more information on Universal Credit

Money Advice Service

Provides free and impartial money advice.

Call: 0800 138 7777
Typetalk: 18001 0800 915 4622

Tandridge District Council - Financial Assistance Policy offers support which can be accessed by Parish Councils - See note on PC page re grant from Crowhurst Parish Council and how to access it. 





Paying Your Council Tax

If you are struggling to pay your council tax, we can provide some financial support which may help you if your income is reduced by illness, the need to self-isolate, job loss or a reduction in work hours.

Can you help me because I can’t pay my council tax?

If you are experiencing financial hardship because of the COVID-19 pandemic, please contact us straight away, either e-mail, complete our contact us form or call 01883 722000 and press option 2.

You can apply for council tax support if you are unemployed or on a low income by completing this form and e-mail it to

Council tax COVID-19 hardship fund 2020/2021 – The government has announced a council tax hardship fund.  This will provide a minimum of £150 to reduce council tax for those of working age who receive help from the local council tax support scheme. If the current council tax amount due for 2020-2021 is less than £150, the amount would be reduced to zero.  Please apply online using the links above, to free up the phone lines for people without access to the internet.